Partner with US Troops to Improve Education and Healthcare in Niger
Yet Niger is also a strong US counterterrorism partner. Since 2016, Agadez has been home to Air Base 201, where hundreds of US soldiers and airmen are stationed. The US Army Reserve Civil Affairs team supports the US Air Force through frequent engagements with the local Nigerien population in Agadez city and throughout the Agadez region. These special projects and initiatives improve the quality of life for Nigeriens around Air Base 201 and, as a result, foster positive relationships between Nigerien citizens and US servicemembers.
The team has identified to Spirit of America numerous ways to enhance its mission and make a positive impact on Nigerien citizens, including:
- School supplies for underserved children at public schools
- Structural improvements at local schools
- Medical supplies for clinics and hospitals
- Personal protective equipment for healthcare workers supporting COVID-19 quarantine sites
- Structural improvements at local hospitals and clinics
Government funding can’t keep up with the speed at which the Civil Affairs team identifies and executes these crucial projects. With your support, Spirit of America can greatly improve the education and health of Nigeriens who live in the vicinity of Air Base 201. Your partnership will help ensure the success of deployed American troops and their mission.