#GivingTuesdayNow: COVID-19 emergency response
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a new global day of giving, Giving Tuesday Now, will take place tomorrow, May 5th. To meet the unprecedented needs created during this crisis, we are asking you to join us in our mission to support Americans deployed on the frontlines of the fight against COVID-19.
Spirit of America is providing locally-sourced materials and supplies to meet the critical needs identified by deployed US troops and diplomats. Examples of our support include:
- Iraq: providing hand sanitizer, disinfectant, surgical face masks, respirator masks, protective aprons, goggles, and gloves to medical personnel and soldiers who are being mobilized to support the COVID-19 response.
- Ukraine: funding to support a Ukrainian Veterans nonprofit that is sewing masks for Ukrainian troops and civilians in eastern Ukraine.
- Trinidad and Tobago: funding for a public service announcement promoting proper hygiene and social distancing measures to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Kosovo: funding to support a local women’s nonprofit that is sewing masks for vulnerable populations and distributing factual COVID-19 information.
- Mali: providing equipment to expand the nationwide public health reporting system to enable critical COVID-19 medical information to reach 30,000 callers daily.
- Montenegro: funding to support a seed-distribution/agricultural project to prevent food security issues in vulnerable populations in Montenegro during the pandemic.
Your donation-no matter the size-will make a life-saving difference for our troops and our allies. Start a Facebook campaign, share on social media, invite your family and friends….together we CAN do something to help. Be part of the national movement responding to COVID-19.
Visit www.spiritofamerica.org/project/help-us-troops-stop-the-spread-of-coronavirus to learn more about Spirit of America’s current unmet needs and the support we provide across the globe.
Director of Citizen-Military Partnerships